Ultra Gloss®: Metallic Heavy Metal Black
Comes with a stretchable cap just like 3M 2080 vinyls
Finish/Texture: Ultra High Gloss with Cap*
Usage: Exterior & interior applications, cars, vehicles, boats, architectural.
Skill level needed for installation: Medium
Application Method: Dry only!
Adhesive: Air-release (bubble-free), repositionable, pressure sensitive, Acrylic-based
Backing paper: Silicone coated, reduces orange peel, none-stick back.
Thickness: 3.8 mil / 0.096 mm
Durability: 5-7 years
*Cap: Protective film layer on top of the vinyl that is stretchable and protects the vinyl film from scratches during installation. To be removed after install! Check installation info below in the More Product Info section
More Product Info... 👇
- Vvivid ULTRA-GLOSS® vinyl wrap film.
- Especially formulated and made for car wraps, boat wraps and other vehicle wraps.
- Vinyl wrap film with air release (bubble-free) technology.
- Non-stick plastic backing which nearly eliminates orange peel.
- Safe install: vinyl will not stick to the back of the backing!
- Features an exceptionally high clarity and reflectivity, more so than regular OEM car paints.
- The superb quality of the glue offers complete repositionability.
- Vvivid+ Premium films are rated to last up to 7 years externally and up to 10 years for interior applications.
- Exterior application longevity depends on sun (UV) exposure and strength. The closer it is to the equator the quicker the vinyl will fade.
- Colors with lots of red pigment, yellow and light green will also fade quicker than other colors.
- Ideal for vehicle applications, provides a lightweight, economical alternative to paint. Also great for architectural applications indoor & out.
- Marine safe vinyl wrap film; can be used on interior and exterior parts of boats and other water crafts.
- Shipped in strong, reinforced carbon box or tube (depending on roll size) to limit damage.
ULTRA-GLOSS® is the closest you can get to high quality OEM paint with a gloss car wrap. Due to this high gloss finish the vinyl is more difficult to prep/install since every imperfection is more visible through the wrap. Please read the below tips to get the best finish from your ULTRA-GLOSS vinyl car wraps.
1. Clay bar: for most vinyl finishes clay barring has not been necessary but with the dramatic increase in finish clarity, small specs and surface contaminants will show through more likely. Although it is not necessary for the longevity and adhesion of the vinyl wrap, it's highly suggested for added surface clarity and a perfect finish.
2. Bubbles: Nano Air-release enhances the glossiness of the product, it may be more difficult to remove trapped air over large surfaces. Try to apply the film while holding excess material off the surface being wrapped. This will prevent trapped air and distortions in the vinyl finish. In case of bubbles, press the bubble softly or puncture to move the air out.
3. Cap: can be left on throughout the entire vehicle wrap process. Please note that the cap hinders pliability of the vinyl by approx. 18%. This means that the vinyl wrap's performance will be at 82% with the cap on, whereas the uncapped (when you remove the cap before installation) vinyl will install at 100% stretch & pliability.
4. Cutting: for precision cutting, seams and joints, make sure you remove the cap before installing in those areas.